INTENSIVE RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR
1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy, and commitment to working with the chronically mentally ill.
2. Current CPR and First Aid; driver's license and safe driving record.
3. High School Diploma and 2 years' experience working with adults with severe mental illness.
4. Current CPR, First Aid, and Medications training.
5. Strong interpersonal communication skills, including:
a. team decision making ability
b. ability to give direction and set limits
c. ability to train in daily living skill, incl. housekeeping
d. ability to extend trust and care while maintaining a professional distance.
6. Meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1. Assist and support residential members in all aspects of daily living skills within the larger community, including:
c. meal planning and preparation
d. personal hygiene
e. medication monitoring
f. monitoring all visitors
i. maintenance of basic standards of cleanliness & safety
j. personal problem solving and interventions
k. positive role modeling
2. Complete all required paperwork in a timely, professional manner.
3. Staff residential homes at the request of the House Manager.
4. Take part in all agency-sponsored training programs as required by supervisor.
5. Participate in team meetings and reinforce/prompt/teach members to work on goals established in IRPs in concert with other members of the clinical team.
6. Adhere to M.H.A. residential regulations.
The intensive residential counselor team will be the center for information, documentation, decision-making and implementation of plans for individual members in their residence. The team will be responsible for the goals and strategies that make up the core of an individual member's program and progress. The residential counselor primary will have principle responsibility for assigned members and shared responsibility for all members in the house. Primary responsibility includes assessment; developing, implementing and evaluating IRPs; and writing monthly progress notes.
Position reports to House Manager. Schedules and additional duties subject to change in accordance with need of program and members; will be provided by the House Manager.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full-time or part-time position (specified at time of hiring); non-exempt from overtime; see published scale.