BASIC SKILLS UNIT COORDINATOR
1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy, and a commitment to working with people suffering from severe mental illness.
2. Current CPR and First Aid; driver's license and safe driving record.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Bachelor’s degree in adult education, or related field.
5. Preference for experience in teaching and working with the chronically mentally ill.
6. Meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1. Take part in all agency-sponsored training programs as required by supervisor.
2. Organize Basic Skills unit to provide a curriculum of pre-occupational training in reading, math grammar, writing, survival skills, and GED preparation.
3. Maintain records of member attendance in groups; complete on-site attendance records as required.
4. Provide Community Support Teams with information on member progress as needed.
5. Develop specialized programs designed to increase members' awareness of AIDS, substance abuse and other health/education issues.
6. Coordinate tutors providing one to one assistance to members.
7. Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
Position reports to Program Director, who will provide a working schedule.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full-time position; exempt from overtime; see published scale