1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy, and commitment to working with people recovering from severe mental illness.
2. A combination of residential and/or other counseling experience and formal education equivalent to a four-year degree. Direct residential experience working with adults recovering from severe mental illness is highly desirable.
3. Current CPR and First Aid certification; driver’s license and safe driving record; reliable transportation.
4. Experience providing supervision to direct care staff in program planning, rehabilitation techniques, behavior management, ADLs instruction, and other aspects of residential support, is highly desirable; general supervisory experience will be considered.
5. Ability to meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policies & Procedures.
1. Take part in agency-sponsored training, as requested by supervisor.
2. Assure supervised staff and members have a safe working and living environment.
3. Serve as Facility Manager on the Health & Safety Committee and assume responsibility for all facility needs and paperwork.
4. Assume ultimate responsibility for safety, homelike appearance and facility/yard upkeep of intensive residential facility.
5. With assistance and approval of team leader, select, train, discipline, motivate, schedule, and supervise intensive residential counselors. Provide sufficient coverage for needs of members in house at all times. Schedule self to observe counselors’ work during day,evening, and weekend hours. Collaborate fully with community support staff.
6. Establish programs in intensive house leading to rapid stabilization, community integration, and development of independent living skills on the part of members assigned. Assist residential counselors in writing individualized rehabilitation plans with members and meeting their goals. Oversee medication documentation.
7. Take part in selecting, training and assignment of part-time counselors.
8. Other duties as assigned by team leader.
Position reports to Program Director, who will approve a working schedule and provide evaluations; supervises Residential Counselors.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Full-time, regular position; exempt from overtime; see published scale.