LOWER SHORE CLINIC MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy and commitment to working with people recovering from severe mental illness.
2. Current CPR and First Aid certification; license & safe driving record; reliable transportation.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; highly competent computer applications.
4. Ability to manage resources, space, & time to meet performance objectives.
5. BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in office management, administration, finance.
6. Understanding of psycho-social rehabilitation and clinical treatment and experience with the mental health system including care management.
7. Ability to meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1. Take part in all agency sponsored training programs required by supervisor.
2. Participate in administrative duties of Lower Shore Clinic, including all documentary and regulatory requirements, as assigned by supervisor.
3. Participate as required in team meetings to assure administrative coordination; maintain client confidentiality as required by Maryland law.
4. Cover the front desk as scheduled; assure welcoming first impression.
5. Schedule client appointments as required; maintain updated scheduling calendar.
6. Gather insurance and other intake data from new patients; assure collaborative relationships with managed care organizations and insurance carriers.
7. Assist in recruitment, selection, development and scheduling of staff as requested by supervisor.
8. Assume responsibility for the cost-effective operations of the clinic; make suggestions as needed; provide all necessary data for billing. Collect co-pays and payments from clients.
9. Ensure that the program and physical environment are safe for all clients, staff, and visitors and in accord with applicable agency policies or administrative regulations.
10. Ensure that clinic report writing and documentation is timely, accurate, and reflects a high professional standard.
11. Carry out duties at sites assigned and, by agreement, for other agencies by contract to LSC. 12. Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Administrator.
Position reports to the Clinic Administrator who will approve working schedule and provide evaluation.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full time, flexible schedule position; non-exempt from overtime; salary by letter of appointment.