LOWER SHORE CLINIC (LSC) PRIMARY CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER
1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy and commitment to working with people recovering from severe mental illness.
2. Current CPR and First Aid certification; driver's license and safe driving record; reliable transportation.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with professional and non-professional colleagues effectively and to provide clinical supervision to assigned interns and professionals in a teamwork environment.
5. Formal training as a nurse practitioner with license and insurability in the state of Maryland.
6. Appreciation of psychosocial rehabilitation concepts and experience with the public mental health population including crisis intervention, best practices in symptom management, and current medications. Experience providing primary care and women’s health care to challenging clients.
7. Ability to meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1. Take part in all agency sponsored training programs required by supervisor.
2. Provide nurse practitioner services as scheduled to assigned caseload including assessment and prescription of medications to improve or maintain clients’ wellness.
3. Participate as required in team meetings to develop treatment plans and strategies for specific clients; maintain client confidentiality as required by Maryland law.
4. Provide training to staff as requested on general and specific treatment topics.
5. Collaborate in providing services to persons whose acute or chronic health needs are exacerbated by their mental instability, living habits, lifestyle choices, genetics, and other complicating factors.
6. Assist in the recruitment, choice, and development of staff as requested by Clinic Director; review planning, documentation, and therapy for staff under clinical supervision.
7. Share responsibility with Clinic Director and other senior staff for the cost-effective operation of the clinic; make suggestions as needed; provide all necessary data for billing.
8. Enhance agency on-call response capability by being available to main on-call system for medications and clinical issues; no pager time required.
9. Ensure that the program and physical environment are safe for all clients, staff, and visitors and in accord with applicable agency policies or administrative regulations.
10. Ensure that clinic report writing and documentation is timely, accurate, and reflects a high professional standard.
11. Carry out duties at sites assigned and, by agreement, for other agencies by contract to LSC.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Director.
Position reports to the Clinic Director who will approve working schedule and provide evaluation.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full or part time, flexible schedule position; exempt from overtime; salary by letter of appointment.