1. Personal stability, flexibility, energy and commitment to working with people recovering from severe mental illness and their somatic diagnosis.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with professional and non-professional colleagues effectively and to provide clinical supervision to healthcare professionals in a teamwork environment.
5. Formal training as a medical doctor, Board certified (or eligible) to practice with license and insurability in the state of Maryland.
6. Appreciation of psychosocial rehabilitation concepts and experience with the public mental health population including crisis intervention, best practices in symptom management, and current medications.
7. Ability to meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1. Take part in all agency sponsored training programs required by supervisor.
2. Provide physician services as scheduled to assigned caseload including assessment and prescription of medications, both on and off site as needed.
3. Participate as required in team meetings to develop treatment plans and strategies for specific clients; maintain client confidentiality as required by Maryland law.
4. Provide training to staff as requested on general and specific treatment topics.
5. Share responsibility with Clinic Director and other senior staff for the cost-effective operation of the clinic; make suggestions as needed; provide all necessary data for billing.
6. Enhance agency on-call response capability by being available to on-call system for medications and clinical issues.
7. Ensure that the program and physical environment are safe for all clients, staff, and visitors and in accord with applicable agency policies or administrative regulations.
8. Ensure that clinic report writing and documentation is timely, accurate, and reflects a high professional standard.
9. Carry out duties at sites assigned and, by agreement, for other agencies by contract to LSC.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Director.
Position reports to the Clinic Director who will approve working schedule and provide evaluation. Position receives clinical supervision from Medical Director; administrative supervision is provided by Clinic Director.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full time, flexible schedule position; exempt from overtime; salary by letter of appointment.